The Public Relations Specialist (PRS) program was created by successful public relations and internet marketing professionals to help other professionals. The PRS will help to increase credibility and specialized knowledge in PR that can be immediately applied to corporations and fast-growing small businesses.
PRS Program Details & Resources:
- Syllabus: Download the Syllabus
- Study Guide: Download the Study Guide
- Multimedia: 50 supplemental video modules, 5 expert audio interviews with the following experts and industry leaders on public relations; Jason Aiken, Ann Smith, John Jackson, Patsi Krakoff, and Richard Wilson. Download a sample expert audio interview here, video module here, or view the live media examples posted below.
- Faculty: Access to our in-house expert faculty team to help answer your questions and apply these public relations best practices to your business or career.
- Register for this program by clicking here
To be sent information on this program please type in your first name and email below:
The Public Relations Specialist (PRS) Program was created by successful public relations and internet marketing professionals to help other professionals increase their credibility and specialized knowledge within the space that may be immediately applied to corporations or fast growing small businesses.
The PRS Program Consists of 5 Learning Modules:
- Introduction to Public Relations
- Public Relations Strategies and Tactics
- Public Relations Writing
- Social Media, the Internet, and PR
This training and certification program will show you:
- How to quickly improve your media relations and implement successful industry communications with the appropriate tone and structure.
- Why public relations has become more complex over the last 7 years and how that is forcing leading firms to transform their approach to Public Relations.
- How to leverage technology to utilize opportunities to directly connect with your tech-savvy consumers and clients on multiple platforms.
- How to structure effective PR materials such as press releases, media kits, and pitches.
- How to be responsive and conscientious of consumer inquiries and concerns, helping improve client loyalty and identify opportunities.
- How to implement a proven Strategic Public Relations Plan for your business or client.
- Why Social Media Must be an Integral Part of a Successful Plan, and how exactly it should be leveraged to manage your online presence.
- How to get your customers and others to provide you feedback, opinions and product insights for free.
- How to create an authority position for your firm in the industry which will bring continuous warm leads to your website and team.
Ashley Wirthlin, Public Relations Trainer
Ashley Wirthlin is the lead author and editor on PublicRelationsBlogger.com, one of the most cited and well respected public relations blogs on the internet. Ashley joined the G.T.C. Institute in 2009 and has helped develop both our Public Relations Specialist (PRS) and Business Development Specialist (BDS) Programs. While creating the Public Relations Specialist (PRS) Program she worked with dozens of PR experts and firms. Ashley has recorded five interviews with PR experts and included their advice and insights within this training program. Ashley's background is in public relations, event management, and marketing with a degree in Marketing and Management from the University of Portland.
Sample Expert Audio Interview: The following is a sample of the great expert audio interviews included within this public relations certification and training program.
Jason Aiken, CEO of 99 Designs: Jason is a business manager and business development officer for 99 Designs, a leading marketplace for crowd sourced graphic design. His company has managed to be mentioned within 100's of publications and countless websites and we interviewed him to capture some of their best practices for you to employ at your company. Jason is very well known, has become an expert at geting his company mentioned in the press and we were fortunate to complete this expert audio interview with him. (Download in Mp3 Format)
Sample Video Module: Here is an example video from this public relations training program. After joining the program you will gain access to over 50 total video modules on public relations best practices.
Video Sample: Components of a Public Relations Campaign
(Download in Mp4 Format)
Benefits of the PRS Program:
- Speak the PR Language - Earning the PRS Designation assures that you can attend conferences, interviews and other networking events while being able to contribute to conversations and understand discussions about current events or trends within the industry. Our program will help you to understand the terms and implement the tactics and tools of leading PR professionals.
- Advance your business or career by raising your level of public relations knowledge and increasing your ability to work quickly and effectively. Specialized knowledge is valuable and an asset in our knowledge economy and mastering PR Strategy allows you to work more efficiently than your competitors.
- Exclusive Access to tools and multimedia training resources found online within the PRS Certification Program.
- Add the PRS Designation to your resume, assuring employers that you are dedicated to working in the industry, passionate about learning more about public relations and able to work more efficiently after being promoted or hired.
- Gain valuable insight into PR tactics that you can implement now without the need of a costly PR agency.
PR Certification Process
Participants May Include:
- Those interested in furthering his/her education and knowledge in business
- Business owners looking to improve their company’s PR
- Marketing professionals who want to better understand public relations to be better involved in the PR efforts
- Graduate students who already have at least one year of relevant work experience
- Seasoned professionals looking to enter the public relations industry
- New business professionals who have just taken a position as part of a PR team
- PR professionals looking to improve their PR knowledge and leverage the changes the PR industry has experienced in the past 10 years
- Public Relations Consultants
- Marketing Directors
- Business Managers responsible for Business Development, Marketing, PR and/or Branding
This PR certification program is delivered through online lecture videos, an audio prorgram, a workbook, and step-by-step screen capture tutorials.
This program is not easy to complete, and will require an investment of your time. We have built this program to be the #1 most challenging public relations certification program available. This is how employers know that those that hold this program designation have invested their time in learning and applying public relations best practices.
Ready to Enroll?
The BusinessTraining.com provides the #1 most practical, challenging and globally relevant certification platform, and it is provided by the Global Training & Certification Institute, LLC (G.T.C. Institute, LLC).
Join over 3,000 others have completed G.T.C. Institute certification and training programs. To register for a program click here.
Top 3 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Our Online Public Relations Certification:
1) Question: Are there weekly homework assignments, phone calls, or sessions that are scheduled at specific times?
Answer: There are no weekly homework assignments, phone calls, or classes scheduled. In fact, the only set dates in our programs are the four exam dates that we offer each year. The program is entirely self-paced.
Once you have registered, you will be provided with login details to access our proprietary certification platform. After you’ve logged in, you will be able to watch the program’s video training modules, complete your strategic project (as laid out in the study guide), email our faculty with questions, complete the self-grading practice test, and schedule your online examination. Our examination is offered 100% online, which has allowed participants from over 40 countries to participate and complete our programs.
2) Question: How can I use this certification on my resume or bio after completing it?
Answer: While you are enrolled in the program you can note that you are currently a candidate. For example, if taking the Public Relations Specialist program, you can note on your resume or business profiles that you are a PRS Candidate.
After completing the program you are then able note that you are certified in this area on your resume, professional biography, Linkedin.com account, Facebook account, cover letters for job applications, etc. Contact us if you would like specialized sized images of the designation logo to place on your personal or social media website pages.
3) Question: Will becoming certified really help me in my career?
Answer: We live in a knowledge-based economy. Our programs are geared toward very specific fields and skill sets to help you gain specialized knowledge within areas most critical to your success. Completing a certification program allows you to show others on your resume and bio that you are more well-trained and credible than other professionals in the industry. A recent study by Gartner also showed that certification programs increased compensation by 5-11% on average, and can boost your income by as much as 30-40% annually. When an employer or potential client is choosing between you and someone with very similar work experience and education, being certified is one more thing that will make you stand out from the crowd.
Content Tags: Public Relations Certification Program, Online Public Relations Training, Public Relations Certificate, Certificate in PR, PR Certification, Public Relations Training Program, Public Relations Certification Program